Poker Dogs Club Brings Card Playing NFT Canines to the Metaverse

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Every so often an activity enters the public sphere that is so perfect it remains unchanged for hundreds of years. One such lucrative pastime that has stood the test of ages, is poker. An epic game of skill, wits and cunning that has separated the wolves from the chihuahuas for the last two centuries.

Then, 65 years following its inception, the incredible artist, Cassius Marcellus Coolidge, created the absolute masterpiece, “Dogs Playing Poker”. A mesmerizing artwork that blends the human fascination with anthropomorphism with the heady stakes of the card table. Remaining to this day, the only time in history, the game of poker has ever been improved upon. Until now.

1646041510 poker dogs club nft metaverse decentraland 6.png

Heading into March, Poker Dogs Club will take both of these incredible concepts, and update them for the blockchain age, bringing the card playing canines to life through the magic of NFTs while enabling a new level of high stakes poker playing in the metaverse. The project promises to add bags of play-to-earn utility to the non-fungible sector, the virtual realm, and beyond.

Backed by poker legend and five times World Series of Poker champion, Scotty Nguyen, Poker Dogs Club looks to usher in a new breed of player where the card table lives in the metaverse, and the players reside on the blockchain. Transporting participants to an incredible virtual world of poker, where all that matters is a game of skill played by a new calibre of virtual hounds.

The ecosystem is already in the works, and the first Poker Dogs Club have arrived on the blockchain. Now, it is time to get ready for their second drop.

Poker Dogs Club NFTs

Poker Dogs Club come in a myriad of shapes and sizes, representing breed types, clothing, expressions, hats, and more. In fact, the genesis drop features algorithmically generated creations made up of over 125 unique traits. All hand drawn by a top tier NFT artist, specifically to partake in poker games in the metaverse.

First to arrive on the blockchain this March, is the second drop of the genesis 7,777 gentlemen dogs, followed at a later date by a further 7,777 lady dogs. Once the dust has settled, owners of both a gentleman and a lady dog will be able to breed the two and create Poker Dog Puppies.

Each of these marvellous non-fungible hounds will represent entry to the play-to-earn game, where owners and delegates can compete for rewards at the poker table.

1646041514 poker dogs club nft metaverse decentraland 2.jpg


The Poker Dogs Club works on a simple principle, owners will receive a daily allowance of non-transferable poker chips which they will use to demonstrate their prowess on the poker table. Victories will then manifest on a leaderboard, with the top players gaining utility tokens and Poker Experience Points.

Poker Chips – Arriving daily, poker chips reset every 24 hours, are non-transferable and are used as the stake at the card table.

Utility Token – The forthcoming Poker Dogs utility token will have multiple uses throughout the platform. Existing as an ERC-20 token, it is the predominant rewards token, received when victorious in poker tournaments. Users can use it to purchase NFTs, stake for additional rewards, enable breeding or trade it on an exchange.

Poker Experience Points (PXP) – Received as rewards from tournaments, these excellent items will power up NFTs, improve breeding results, and add more value to the collectibles.

1646041518 poker dogs club nft metaverse decentraland 7.png

Breeding and Delegating

Towards the tail end of 2022, members of the exclusive Poker Dogs Club community will have the opportunity to utilize a man and a lady dog with an added dash of utility token to generate a brand new mini dog. Each unique creation will result in a Poker Dogs Puppy, a new asset type than enables owners to compete, however, earning a smaller portion of rewards compared to genesis NFTs.

Once up and running, those without an aptitude at the poker table, or just lacking the time to complete, can delegate someone to play on their behalf. As a result, the delegated member will receive 60% of the utility token won while the true owner will receive the remaining 40% in passive income, as well ass accruing all of the PXP.

The Excellent Team

Poker Dogs Club is the brainchild of a fine group of internationally inclined individuals located all across the globe. Each member playing a key role in the project development, with artists, developers, social media gurus, metaverse designers, and digital fashion designers all in the mix.

So, get ready for a new kind of mass “adoption,” and jump into the grandest poker tournament in the metaverse.

Join the whitelist >> Here

Check out the NFTs on OpenSea >> Here


Related Posts